Motto: Excellent Taste In Every Bite
About The Course
The course targets both primary and secondary school leavers who are interested on hands-on skills in Food technology that will enable them to fit in the labor market as salaried or as self-employed. Our learning is based on practical experience in a well-equipped kitchen and cafeteria; we ensure that our trainees have customer service skills, food processing and preservation skills, work ethic and problem solving.
WHAT FOOD TECHNICIANS DO
- They process and prepare food, drinks and ingredients as on the menu.
- They preserve prepared food, drinks ,and ingredients to ensure quality.
- They ensure proper food hygiene and quality standards.
- They ensure proper use and maintenance of kitchen equipment and tools.
- Ensure total customer satisfaction through excellent service.
The course is covered in one year in the following contents,
- Food processing
- Food preservation
- Quality management and standards
- Practical applications
- Communication skills
- Life skills
- Localized food techniques
- Computer skills
NITA grade 3, 2& 1
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED DURING REGISTRATION
- 2 copies passport –size photographs
- Copies of certificates /result slip (KCSE/KCPE)
- School leaving certificate
- A copy of National ID (contact the office if you don’t have)
- A drawing set
- 2 Exercise books (4-Quire and 2-Quire)
- Bank pay slip for the term
- Chefs coat and apron
- Chef’s hat
- Black trouser/skirt
- Black shoes
- black bow tie
- black wind breaker
For further clarification contact the head of department on 0712591894
Registration is ongoing, to apply SMS your name, grade, email address to 0712591894
Send us a Message
Call Us Today
+254 723 783 178 | +254 726 055 778