Hair Dressing & Beauty Therapy
Tumaini Fundraising Campaign Drive
A Community Sensitization programme
About The Course
The course targets both primary and secondary school leavers who are interested on hands-on skills in hairdressing and beauty therapy that will enable them to fit in the labor market as salaried or as self-employed. Our learning is based on practical in a well-equipped workshop; we ensure that our trainees have customer service skills, diagnostic skills, work ethic and problem solving skills to make them suitable for the job market.
WHAT HAIRDRESSERS DO
- They offer consultation on how to maintain hair and scalp.
- They offer advice on the best products to use on hair to make proper growth.
- Maintain and manage tools, equipment and materials used in good condition.
- Ensure total customer satisfaction through excellent hairdressing skills.
WHAT BEAUTICIANS DO
- They offer consultation on how to maintain skin in good condition.
- Ensure personal grooming, general grooming and Hygiene.
- Offer relaxation therapy for clients (massage, pedicure, manicure etc.)
- Offer make up services.
The course is covered in one year in the following contents,
- Salon safety and procedures
- Shampooing and Conditioning
- Roller setting ,dressing and styling
- Plaiting and braiding
- Dred locking
- Communication skills
- Life skills
- Localized engineering education
- Computer skills
NITA grade 3, 2 & 1
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED DURING REGISTRATION
- 2 copies passport –size photographs
- Copies of certificates /result slip (KCSE/KCPE)
- School leaving certificate
- A copy of National ID (contact the office if you don’t have)
- 2 Exercise books (4Q and 2Q)
- Bank pay slip for the term
For further clarification contact the head of department on 0723008567
Registration is ongoing, to apply SMS your name, grade, email address to 0712591894