Motor Vehicle Mechanics
Motto: We Are Auto-Motivated
About Motor Vehicle Mechanics
The course targets both primary and secondary school leavers who are interested on hands-on skills in motor vehicle mechanics that will enable them to fit in the labor market as salaried or as self-employed. Our learning is based on practical in a well-equipped workshop, we ensure that our trainees have customer service skills, diagnostic skills, work ethic and problem solving skills to make them suitable for the job market.
WHAT MOTOR VEHICLE MECHANICS DO
- Repair and maintain vehicles in good condition.
- Detect and note down defects in automobile systems.
- Repair exhaust, brakes, suspensions and wheel alignments of vehicles.
- Perform oil changers, fuel systems, cooling, engine work and transmission systems.
- Maintain and manage tools, equipment and machinery in good condition.
- Ensure total customer satisfaction through excellent automotive mechanic service.
The course is covered in one year in the following contents,
- Vehicle technology
- Engine technology
- Auto electrical
- Body work and welding
- Technical drawing
- Communication skills
- Life skills
- Localized engineering education
- Computer skills
NITA grade 3,2 & 1
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED DURING REGISTRATION
- 2 copies passport –size photographs
- Copies of certificates /result slip (KCSE/KCPE)
- School leaving certificate
- A copy of National ID (contact the office if you don’t have)
- A drawing set
- 2 Exercise books (4Q and 2Q)
- Bank pay slip for the term
- Drawing book
- T square
For further clarification contact the head of department on 0712591894
Registration is ongoing, to apply SMS your name, grade, email address to 0712591894